Friday, February 19, 2010

Winter Blues

It always seems the winter blues set in about the middle of February. And this winter is no different, if in fact, worse. We have an ungodly amount of snow and it seems to keep falling every few days, 4 - 6 inches at a time. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of being in the house. I'm tired of putting on hats, and coats and boots all the time. I'm tired of dressing Bennett in 47 layers. I'm tired of not being able to go outside because its too cold for Bennett. I'm tired. Tired of winter.

Lucky for us though Bennett took a late afternoon nap the other day so I bundled up the big boys and pretty much threw them outside. They didn't want to go. They didn't want to get dressed. They didn't want to leave the couch. But I made them and I made myself. It was gorgeous out (i.e. 24 degrees and sunny). And a little Vitamin D did us some good. We were hoping for snowman snow but no such luck. One of these days will get to build one. For now, we just play in it.







No comments:

Post a Comment