Thursday, March 20, 2008

Easter Eggs

Carson's fever went up last night before bed. It was at a wonderful 103.4. He didn't sleep the greatest and somewhere around 5 he was in bed with us. Which is always a fun experience. He's better today. Before nap it was at 100 even so thats an improvement. I on the other hand have a sinus infection. It feels like the whole left side of my face is going to explode. Hopefully these horse pills, I mean antibiotics, the doctor gave me will make me feel better soon. We are leaving for the weekend in the morning and I still have 3 loads of laundry to do and all our packing. Wonderful.

We went to an Easter Party today and the kids had a blast hunting for eggs. And they both ate a nutritious lunch of Doritos and jelly beans.

Is that better then the pickle diet?

Hey, you try and get them to eat surrounded by 20 other children on the floor. It ain't happening!

Yesterday we dyed our eggs. I'm embarrassed to admit that I had to call my mom and ask her how to boil my eggs. It's not something I do very often, actually probably once a year! But I felt a little better today when I was talking to my friend Andrea and she had to look it up on Google.

What would we do without our friend Google or our moms?

Guess we wouldn't be dying eggs!

Luckily grandma gave me some good instructions and everything was right with the world.



Declan was sporting some of his better bed head yesterday.



And a fun prayer I found yesterday called...

The Jelly Bean Prayer
Little jelly beans
Tell a story true.
A tale of our Father's love
That's just for me and you.
GREEN is for the new spring grass.
YELLOW is for the sun above.
ORANGE is for the soft earth where
People sat hearing of His love.
PURPLE'S for the robe he wore,
RED is for that precious wine.
BLACK is for the sins He washed
From your soul and mine.
BLUE is for the sadness of
His friends and family,
and WHITE is for the glory of the Day
He rose for you and me.
Now that you've heard the story
You know what each color means.
The story of our Father's love
As told by jelly beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment