Monday, November 26, 2007

A Great Thanksgiving Weekend

It was a whirlwind Thanksgiving weekend for us. We spent 2 days with my in-laws and 2 days with my parents. I'm exhausted but it was a great weekend. We spent Thanksgiving with 32 of our friends and family, the company was great and the food was even better.

Trevor and I went out on Saturday night to Barnes and Noble, something we used to do in our college days quite frequently, I opened a book and read about 4 pages of it before my head literally hit the table. I was so tired from everything over the weekend. I'm sure Trevor thought I was a wonderful date. Luckily we were able to go out Friday night and I managed to stay up till midnight, so I'm not that pathetic.

We are thankful for many things this year. And even though Thanksgiving has come and gone I will share them with you anyways....

1. Our 2 very healthy, happy and cute little boys. Our life would not be complete without them. What a blessing they are to us.
2. My husband who works long hours and provides for us without any hesitation (well, sometimes a swift quick in the butt to get out of bed). He is my ROCK and my life and I am so very thankful that he is a part of it and we get to experience life together.
3. For our new house. We close one week from today!!!
4. For our parents who support us and give us so much. We love you all and we thank you for everything that you have done for us.
5. For nap time. I love nap time.
6. Hot chocolate on cold days.
7. For Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Chip and Dale, Diego and any other cartoon that Carson watches so I can have a moment to shower or clean or take care of Declan.
8. For Christmas music, Christmas decorations, Christmas trees and all other things Christmas. I love this time of the year!
9. For being 95% done with our Christmas shopping.
10. For a roof over our head, heat in our house, the clothes on our back and the food on our table. Thank you God.

Ok, now for some weekend pictures.

Most of the 32 people sitting down to eat. It's hard to get them all in a picture!

I'm fairly certain Declan didn't eat much of his dinner. But he did enjoy practicing his silverware use with the olives. No pictures of Carson at the table because I'm fairly certain he was only there for a few seconds!

Since grandpa and grandpa made the trip out grandpa got to try his hand at driving Carson around on the 4-wheeler.

Afterwards his (2nd) cousin Macy was more then happy to share her crafts with him. It was his first try and scissors and he did pretty well.

Grandma and Declan

I think he's ready for a king bed.

Being silly.

And more silliness.

This is what's known in my family as "the look." My parents have countless pictures of my sister and I with this same look on our face. I see its genetic and lucky for me its been passed on to my son.

All ready for church.

Grandma had this great idea that the boys should decorate her cookies for her. Hmmmm, frosting and sprinkles + 2 boys = them eating the cookies and sprinkles while mommy does the actual decorating.

Because eating them is WAY more fun then decorating.

I'm pretty sure Carson dipped and licked his at least 3 times.

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment