Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Cold Football Game

This weekend we went to the NDSU v. SDSU football. Since we don't play the hated (and I use that term to its FULL extent....sorry dad) Sioux anymore this has become the BIG rivalry game for our beloved Bison, or Bize as Carson calls them. The stadium seats about 7,000 to 8,000 people but how many people did they squeeze in there on Saturday?

Oh a mere 16,435

So you could say it was packed! In fact, we sat in the end zone, on the ground, amidst druken college kids.

But it was fun, really it was. Cold, but fun.

Sadly, our Bison lost 24-29. Only their 2nd lost in 2 seasons. And since the NCAA has some weird rules about going Div 1 the Number 1 team in Div 1-AA won't be going to the playoffs.

But that's a whole other topic for a whole other day.

In the meantime here are some pictures of our day at the game.




Ok, this one's not from the game but it's too cute to not post.

And lastly here are some funny Carson stories I've heard over the last few days.

The other day Carson and I were playing in our baskets of assorted balls I have for the boys. Clearly, I wasn't paying enough attention to him because he stuck a small ball into a whole on Trevor's subwoofer. So I went and grabbed the flashlight and a wooden spoon to retrieve said ball from the sub. We were both laying on the floor looking for it and when I realized it wasn't coming out I wispered to Carson, "Daddy is going to kick your butt." A few minutes later I was expalianing that we don't stick things in there because we can never get them out and it can break, blah blah blah. He whispered back,

"Yeah, daddy kick my butt."


Carson has been saying, I mean yelling, "Hee-Haw" all the time. Often times it in the grocery store while standing up in the cart yelling it at the top of his lungs.

Fun Stuff!

So the other day we were sitting at breakfast and this is how the conversation went.

Me: "Carson what animal says hee -haw?"

Carson: After a LONG pause...."a gi-affe"

Who knew!

I've started putting the boys down for a nap at the same time. Why? Well because then I get even more time to myself.

Because really, it is all about me.

Declan usually does his typical moaning and babbling to sleep and within 5 minutes they are both out. Today Declan was carrying on quite a bit. Carson was quite so I assumed he was out since he pretty much asked to go to bed. Well about 10 minutes into Declan's babbling. I hear Carson shout, and I mean shout....

"Go to BED De-can."

Obviously little brother was keeping him awake.


No comments:

Post a Comment