Sunday, July 11, 2010

Independence Day

You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.
~Erma Bombeck

According to this quote we were fairly patriotic on the 4th of July.



In between meals we did sneak out and try our hand at golf.

It was Carson's first try and he did great.

Maybe he'll be the next Tiger (minus the sleazy part of course).



After a round of golf and some more food down our gullet we headed out to watch the fireworks.



We found some guys who looked pretty into photographing fireworks and we asked them to help us set up our camera the right way.

Nothing like a free tutorial to help you get some good shots.

Happy Birthday America!!

"My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! "
~Thomas Jefferson

"And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me."
~Lee Greenwood

No comments:

Post a Comment