Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Camping We Will Go

We went camping this weekend. Our trip was postponed a week because last Saturday it was way to hot and humid to even have fun. So we rescheduled and as Friday approached so did warnings of heavy rain, strong winds and hail. When I mentioned this to Trevor his only response was, "We'll just bring a tarp." Okay then. This should be fun.

Carson helped daddy set up the tents.

And so did Bennett.

Declan was, well, being Delcan.

I don't have any pictures but we grilled hot dogs, made smores, went for a walk and played around. I had the pleasure of sleeping in a tent with just Bennett. I forgot his jammies so I threw him on the air mattress with me. He slept through the whole storm but he tossed and turned and fell off the mattress a few times. Needless to say, we didn't sleep well. But we survived the storm with only a little water in the tent. It was much less dramatic then it looked.

And before 7am this one

and this one were ready for the day. I can't vouch for anyone else though.

We made breakfast which may have consisted of a donut hole or two.


We went hiking.

Lookout Tower.

And in a few weeks we are doing it all over again.
I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment