Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Getting Out

Life with three kids is crazy. I don't have to tell you that. I'm usually totally worn out by the end of the day and I usually pass out about 35 minutes after they go to bed. I lead an exciting life I tell you. But I wouldn't change it for anything.

I'm a mommy who has to get out of the house, every day. Or at least I used to be. And by getting out of the house I mean getting out and doing some activity with the boys playgroup, library, playing at the mall, etc. Rain, snow, sleet, wind usually don't stop me. About the only thing that does is freezing cold temps and blizzards. And lucky for me this winter, we've had both, more then once. Getting out of the house saves my sanity. I'll go crazy if I'm stuck here....just ask Trevor. But with 3 kids getting out of the house and doing something can be a lot of work. Especially when it requires coats, hats, gloves, snow boots, blankets, etc. Is it summer yet?

So our days of getting out and doing something fun and grand are different. I tend to run my errands with just two kids while Carson is in school. Some days the only time we leave the house is to get get Carson at school. Two days a week we go play with our friends. It's amazing what getting out of the house does for my mind, soul, spirit, patience and mental well being. Even just getting Carson from school helps.

The other day Carson didn't have school. And we had nothing planned, no real errands that needed to be run, the library was closed, no playgroup. What should we do? How about we go to the grocery store that has little kid carts? Anyone game? Anyone?

Careful Carson, don't look too thrilled. (He was but taking pictures is not something an almost 5 year old likes to do).

We had three carts and got some oranges and 3 gallons of milk. It was an adventure I'm sure they'll remember forever!

And what's a post without Mr. Bennett?
Smiling.

Even with a crappy cell phone picture he's still cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment