Wednesday, August 6, 2008

This and That

I'm trying not to think about the fact that we are already 6 days into August. It's too depressing to think of fall coming and being stuck inside with the boys. I've said it before but we are having so much fun being outside, going to the pool, eating on the deck and just enjoying summer as a family. Luckily we don't have much planned for the next month so we can really soak it all in.

Last week it was just windy enough to get the kites out.

Carson and Dean had a blast playing with it.

Trevor and I bought a play kitchen for the boys this weekend. I found it on craiglist for only $20! Go me! The boys are thrilled and haven't played with anything else since Sunday. There's a small highchair on the one side of it and both boys have tried climbing into it.
They don't exactly fit so we've put every stuffed animal in there and fed them. It's been really entertaining to watch their imaginations take over.

Carson's favorite piece off food seems to be the corn. Mmmm, can't wait to get some real corn at the farmers's market.

Declan has become our "wadermewon" king.

Carson likes it too!

Every morning Carson usually asks me, "whadda we doin today mamma?" This morning was a little off since I was at the dentist so I told him I wasn't sure yet. He reponded by telling me he wanted to go to school. He got a new backpack this weekend and it even comes with a water bottle holder so he was beyond thrilled when I showed him that his sippy cup fit in there.

He starts school on Sept 2nd and last night Trevor asked me if I was going to cry. I'm not sure I'll cry but I have had a lot of mixed feelings about it. On one hand I think, he's only 3 does he really need to go to school? But on the other hand I know he is going to love it, he'll learn alot and meet lots of new friends. Plus its good socialization for him. But we aren't going to talk about school anymore (I might cry) and just enjoy the rest of summer!

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of wonder on Carson's face when he's flying the kite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes at bedtime, Flynn will ask me what we're doing tomorrow. I hear you on school- Flynn is also going, starting the 4th. *Sniff* How'd they get so big, so fast?

    ReplyDelete