Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Staying Home

I love my job. I love being home with the boys every day. I know I am truly blessed to have the opportunity to be with them during such an important time in their life. We've made sacrifices, we've cut out any wants and we've made a conscious decision to do this no matter what. I know I am lucky, I know this.

Most days the boys are great. We have truly been blessed with two boys who are very well behaved. Most days they get along beautifully and I get lots of compliments on how well they get along, care for each other, etc. Most days I feel like the luckiest mom in the world.

Most days.

Today.......not one of them! Today is the day I've considered two things 1.) Applying for a full time job or 2.) Sell the boys....to the highest bidder. I wonder which would happen faster?

There has been more whining, crying and complaining in the last 6 hours since they got up then in the last 6 weeks.

Don't touch me, That's mine, No brother, my turn, mooommmmmyy, nnnnoooo, leave me alone, mmmmooommmmmyy brother is taking it, mommmmyyyyy, crying, loud screaming, more crying, get off of me, brothers touching me, mommmyyyyyy and on and on and on. You get the picture. How I made it to naptime without losing it is beyond me.

A few weeks ago we had a similiar day. I decided that we all needed to take a breath, say a little prayer and hopefully start over with a little (or maybe alot) less whining. So I made up a little prayer for Carson to say to help him slow down a little. Now its his favorite thing to say and usually request it be said before bed every night. So, I think it's my turn to say the prayer....

Dear God,
Please grant me patience and self control.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment