Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fun in the Sun

The boys and I have been spending alot of time outside lately. Thanks to $4 a gallon gas we've stuck close to home or rode our bikes when we can (nice workout for me!). My parents were in town earlier this week so grandma bought them a Slip-N-Slide. Remember those? Well let's just say that the boys didn't really want anything to do with it. Declan was crabby that I had to hook the hose up to it because he just wanted to watch the water fall from the hose. Carson wasn't sure he wanted his trunks on. So I decided to try and show them how it worked. It just doesn't work as well as it did when I was 8. After one short trip down the slide I walked away with sore ribs and stomach muscles. Sorry, there are no pictures of that disaster and even if there were, I'd spare myself and not share them. So here is some of what we have been up to....

Enjoying a rest period at the pool.

Being silly while daddy is trying to cook supper.

He sticks out his tongue when he is concentrating just like my dad does.

He's a fierce water gun fighter.

All smiles!

Gotcha!

Declan just prefers to read his books outside while all this is going on. He's going to be our bookworm.

No comments:

Post a Comment