Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Twas the Night Before...

I wish I could say I was writing this the night before but as I type this it is 4:13am, just 5 hours from your birth, and I can't sleep. Most of that is due to being so uncomfortable but some of it is due to an extreme amount of anxiety, anxiousness and excitement I have.

It's been almost 3 years exactly since we welcomed a new baby into this world. 3 years and I feel like I have forgotten everything. In a large way I feel very unprepared although I'm not sure one every feels totally prepared to become a mom. I have forgotten what its like to be so sleep deprived you can't see straight. I've forgotten what its like to hold a new baby. I've forgotten what its like to smell a baby. I've forgotten what its like to nurse a baby. But I have not forgotten what its like to love a new baby and to be so proud from the moment you enter the world kicking and screaming

This pregnancy has been closely watched. More closely then my other 2. I have 65 different ultrasounds pictures of you. It's been amazing! Just in the past 3 weeks I have had 6 ultrasounds and I have seen your face, feet and hands in 4D. Praise the Lord you have passed every Biophysical Profile with flying colors. 8 out of 8 every time! You have been practicing your breathing and moving like a future gymnast inside me. We are so blessed to know that you have been tolerating my large amount of fluid (polyhydramnios) so well.

Your two brothers are also very excited to meet you. I'm not sure they totally understand what is about to happen but they have been talking about you non stop. It changes every day, minute to minute really, whether they want a brother or a sister. Either way your daddy and I know they will be great big brothers, protectors and friends to you.

You also have 4 grandparents who are eagerly awaiting your arrival. Soon you will be showered with love and an abundance of gifts from all of them. You will be spoiled as I am sure either grandma will ever want to put you down.

I'm not sure whether people are more excited to find out if you are a boy or a girl or if they are more excited to see just how much you weigh. You see with this large amount of fluid you have also been measuring big too. (I'll be sure to thank you for that later!) One week ago your estimated weight was 11lbs 5oz. No I'm not even exaggerating. But I doubt you weigh that much. I think you may weigh more then Carson did at birth (9lbs 6 oz) but I'm not sure how much. They also told us he was 11lbs just a few days before his birth. I'm guessing you are somewhere in the 10lb range and I'm thanking God that I'm having a c-section!

So Little One time is quickly winding down. It's almost time to wake your daddy and get ourselves ready to go to the hospital. We are praying for the doctors who will be performing my c-section and we are praying that you are happy and healthy baby. Our life is about to change, we are about to become a family of 5 and your daddy and I are about to become outnumbered! We are thrilled. May God Bless you not only today but everyday of your long life.

We Love You!

No comments:

Post a Comment