Friday, September 25, 2009

Fall and Leaves and Mowing

I LOVE FALL! I love the smell, I love the weather, I love watching the leaves change color, I love the apples and pumpkins. Love it! Not such a fan of what comes after fall but I'm choosing to ignore that and just enjoy fall hoping it lasts until AT LEAST Christmas.

Hey, I can dream can't I?

One of the best things about our house is all the trees. But I have a love/hate relationship with them. I love how they look, how old they are, how they keep our yard shaded BUT I hate mowing around them and raking all their blasted leaves. We have 6 trees in our yard, the most of anyone in this neighborhood. 6 trees that are 30+ years old. Oh and I should mention we live in/on/next to a park....

So really we have more like 106 trees in our yard. It's beautiful really but oh the raking. I keep praying for a strong southerly wind to just blow them straight out of our yard. No such luck. In fact it seems our house sits just at the right angle that we get all the leaves. Last year I believe we had over 30 bags of MULCHED (that would be chopped up into really small pieces!) bags of leaves. But, the boys love it and so does my husband. And so last weekend we made our first leaf pile. It was small really, but the boys loved it. And in a few weeks we should be making the World's Largest Leaf Pile again!

And this year we will be putting them to work.






Like father and son and son.

No comments:

Post a Comment