Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Being Two

Someone in this house is closing in on being 2. But as a veteran mommy of two year olds I'm here to tell you that the terrible two's start before they actually hit two. No! Say it ain't true?! Yep, it is and I'm happy to forewarn you. Your welcome! It's such a glorious stage, probably my favorite. In fact I love this stage soooo much that I can hardly wait to do it again in another 2 years(note the sarcasm please). Woo Hoo! Good times.

Since this is my third 2 year old I can shrug off alot. I don't go nearly as insane as I used to with Carson or even Declan (who by the way takes the cake in two year old tantrums). In fact I tend to ignore most of it or take pictures and video of it. I'm sure the patrons of these various stores we visited were none to pleased with the fact that I was taking pictures and texting them to not only my husband but my friends as well, instead of trying to do something to quite him down or stop him. Sorry to tell you though, not much is going to stop this and I have little to no energy these days to spend trying.

Sometimes I get lots of attention for said outbursts or maybe he does, I'm not sure. Doting grandmothers stop to try and cheer him up, cashiers try to pass off suckers on him or some just say, "He must be having a rough day." Ah, nope, he's just two is usually my response. Sometimes I even get the occasional stare or eye roll. I know what those people are thinking because at one point in my life I thought it too...."can't that lady control her kids?" Yes I can but I also pick my battles people and on most days it took alot to get us all out of the house and to our various destinations. Destinations that must be required or I wouldn't be there.And if I only went when no one was crying, whining, throwing a fit, hitting or talking back we'd be stuck at home every day.

Some days are more trying then others, like today, it was one fit from beginning to end. But we make it, we manage and we grow stronger because of it. I'm thankful for my husband and friends who let me vent my head off about how utterly annoying this stage it. It's a good thing he's so cute when he's not like this or he'd be up for adoption! Tomorrow is a new day! A fresh start.

No comments:

Post a Comment