Friday, August 6, 2010

Kindergarten

One week from today someone in this house is heading off to Kindergarten. Wait, what did I just say? Kindergarten? This can't be happening. It's not time. Didn't I just bring this home from the hospital?

Seriously? Wasn't I just learning the ropes of this thing called Motherhood? Would some one please tell me where the last 5 years have gone? How did I go from a brand new mother to a mother of three, one of which is a kindergartner. Will someone please just slow this train down. It's going to fast.

Where has the time gone? Where has my baby gone? Somehow overnight he turned into a boisterous, fun, energetic, caring 5 year old. Who makes silly faces when the camera is out.

Somehow he's turned into a little boy who is already talking about his 6th birthday and who he is going to invite. Whoa, one thing at a time son. A little boy who was gleefully yelling "Yum!" as I was rattling off what would be served for lunch at school. A little boy who will learn so many new things this year I probably won't be able to keep up.

I look forward to the adventure. I look forward to the learning. I look forward to watching him grow. And although part of me is sad to be entering this season in our life most of me is really excited for him. Let the chaos begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment