Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Squeezing the last few days of summer out.

Things around our house have been busy. We've been blessed with gorgeous weather this week so we are trying to soak it up as much as possible. Lots of windows to clean, weeds to pick, flowers to transplant and leaves to rake! So we've been outside more then in and I'm dreading the cold temperatures that are sure to arrive before I know it.

I've also taken on a new challenge. I will be teaching Religious Education to 1st graders starting next week!! I'm splitting the class with another teacher so it will only be a few times a month but I'm really excited, and really nervous, to accept this new challenge. I hesitated for a long time on whether it was something I wanted to do and have decided to answer God's call. I know it will be a learning experience for them and me and I look forward to our year ahead.

What else have we been up to? Well let's see.

When I was little we used to order pizza on Friday nights and watch Dallas and Knots Landing. It was a highlight of my childhood because we got to have a picnic on the living room floor. The other night we ordered pizza, set up our picnic and watched the Vikings on Monday night football. The boys thought it was pretty neat and have insisted we eat in there more often.

I was trying to sweep up the leaves on the sidewalk after I mowed the other day. Declan thought it was a good place to relax.

And Carson soon followed. So much for those helpers. They were actually bummed that the leaves were not on the lawn so they could run through them. We've been reading books about fall so the boys' are dying to have a leaf pile. Rest assured with all these trees will have more then one pile for them to run through!

Enjoying and afternoon snack with daddy.

We went to the zoo the other day with our friends. Carson insisted that it was actually freezing out and he needed the hooded sweatshirt with the hood up!

And yes, we broke down and bought a Buzz Light Year costume. He's ecstatic about it and has asked at least 15 times if today is Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment