Friday, November 5, 2010

Time

My life is busy. Sometimes I don't even realize just how busy it is because well, I'm too busy to slow down and think about that stuff. On Thursday I was getting the two older boys out the door for school. Lunches packed, backpacks checked, coats and hats on and kisses before they headed out the door. As I kissed my husband goodbye and shut the door I stood in our entryway holding Bennett for a moment. It was quiet, I breathed a sigh of relief. At that moment I, had a moment, to realize how busy I/we are. I always have grand plans on Tuesday and Thursday mornings when its just me and Bennett. I want to do my grocery shopping, Target shopping, Sams club shopping, clothes shopping, shoe buying, etc whatever it may be because I have one kid. And we all know its MUCH easier to haul one kid to the store as opposed to 2 or even 3. But lately I've been staying home. Staying home to soak in the quietness, to maybe start a load of laundry, to enjoy some peace and quite while Bennett takes a morning nap and maybe even enjoy time with my sweet one year old.

But this time is short and before I know it we are off to get Declan from school, eating lunch, taking naps, going back to school, having a snack, making dinner, getting ready for bed, picking up from the tornado that my house constantly looks like and then somewhere in the darkness laying my head on my pillow trying to get some much needed rest before it starts all over again.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change it for the world. But its important to know that I don't have time for everything. And I need to learn that lesson. It's ok if the house is a mess, it's ok if the beds don't get made everyday, it's ok if there are crumbs on the floor, it's ok if I don't get to the grocery store, it's ok if I pop in a video so I can sit in peace and blog and it's ok if I run out of time, for there is always tomorrow.

I recently took all the pictures off my phone and looking through them makes me laugh and makes me realize just how busy and chaotic our life is. Let me show you....

It's much easier to cook a meal when little ones aren't allowed in the kitchen.

Goofing around on the soccer fields.

Mmm...lunch at Sams. (It's actually not that good, but it's cheap!)

Normal kitchen scene.

Boys staying busy while I cook dinner.

Little boy making a mess while I cook dinner.

More mess....

and more mess.

Shopping at Target.

Playing at the Children's Museum.

Painting windows at the Children's Museum.

Preschool Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment