Thursday, March 26, 2009

Swimming

The boys started swimming lessons a couple of weeks ago. It was the first time that Declan was going with out myself or Trevor. To say we were nervous about that would be a very big understatement. But we talked alot about it and that he was a big boy and would be all by himself. His response was that, "My teacher will help me." So I thought we were in for smooth sailing. Drop off went well and Trevor and I went to the balcony to watch.

He decided to try and join Carson's class. That's Carson's classs he is sitting with and that's his teacher on the left trying to persuade him to come over to his class.....she was unsuccessful.

Staying next to Big Brother for protection!!

But he did eventually get in the water. He spent 90% of the time clung to the side playing with the toys in the gutter. There was no crying during lessons so I thought we were golden.

I was wrong.

What ensued after swimming lessons is something I would like to forget. It involved one very mad little boy, a lot of tears, hitting screaming, kicking, wrestling and finally leaving the pool center with only pants and a shirt.....no diaper or shoes.

Here's hoping next week goes better.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, so sweet that Declan wanted to hang with his brother! Good luck next week, I hope you escape with less trauma!

    Soren's starting swimming next week. It will be the first time he's done it with just the teacher and no parents. Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete